Alpha-One Plus Ltd is committed to creating a culture in which diversity and equality of opportunity are promoted actively and in which unlawful discrimination is not tolerated. Alpha-One Plus Ltd recognizes the real business benefits of having a diverse community of staff and to this end, is working towards building and maintaining an environment which values diversity
Alpha-One Plus Ltd believes in the principles of social justice, acknowledges that discrimination affects people in complex ways and is committed to challenge all forms of inequality. To this end, Alpha-One Plus Ltd will aim to ensure that:
- individuals are treated fairly, with dignity and respect regardless of their age, marital status, disability, race, faith, gender, language, social/ economical background or being lesbian or gay and any other inappropriate distinction
- it promotes an inclusive and supportive environment for staff
Aims of the Policy and underpinning principles
The aim of this policy is to ensure that in carrying out its activities Alpha-One Plus Ltd will have due regard to:
- promoting equality of opportunity, across all the areas of the organisation
- promoting good relations between people of a diverse background
- eliminating unlawful discrimination
This policy is guided by the following principles that:
- all staff, should enjoy a safe environment free from discrimination and harassment/bullying
- all employees should have equal access to quality services that are made available by Alpha-One Plus Ltd
- all staff should have equal access to opportunities for personal, professional or academic development and career, progression and promotion opportunities wherever possible.
The Managing Director is responsible for ensuring the strategic development, implementation and review of the Equality and Diversity Policy and progress on the implementation across the organization.
The Managing Director is responsible for ensuring that procedures relating to staff recruitment, selection, career development discipline and grievance are carried out in accordance with the Equality and Diversity Policy.
The Managing Director is responsible for:
- fostering a culture in which compliance with this policy is regarded as integral to the work of the area and in which equality and diversity issues are actively promoted;
- ensuring all staff are encouraged, supported and enabled to reach their full potential
- identifying appropriate staff development for themselves and their staff to meet the needs of their respective areas
Breach of the Policy
Alpha-One Plus Ltd will take seriously any instances of non-adherence to the Equality and Diversity policy by staff. Any instances of non-adherence will be investigated and where appropriate will be considered under the relevant disciplinary policy.
Alpha-One Plus Ltd has implemented its Equality and Diversity Policy in accordance with current legislation and codes of practice including:
- EU Anti-Discrimination Directives (which currently include the Race Relations Act 1976 (Amendment) Regulations 2003, Religion and Belief Regulation 2004 and Sexual Orientation Regulation 2004
- Race Relations Amendment Act 2000
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- Race Relations Act 1976
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975
- Equal Pay Act 1970 and Amendment 1983